Mayor’s Health & Fitness Awards
The Mayor’s Healthiest Awards Program is an extension of both the Partner Certification Program and the Exemplary Schools Program and was designed to help shining stars in workplace and school health and wellness rise to the top.
- For workplaces, the healthiest awards emphasize and highlight community partnerships utilized by the worksite to promote health in the larger community.
- For schools, the healthiest awards allow each to campus to highlight specific student health and wellness initiatives beyond state, federal and district-level requirements.
- Both award programs highlight innovation.
- Winners are determined based on total scores on their applications (workplace partner certification/exemplary school application + supplemental questions).
- The MHFC Healthiest Awards Program gives recognition and mini-grants to extraordinary workplaces and schools, promotes idea-sharing, and offers a roadmap to workplaces and schools who are building their health and wellness programs.
- Workplaces and schools will be celebrated biennially on alternating years. Therefore, schools will be recognized at the 2023 Mayor’s Health & Fitness Awards Ceremony and workplaces will be recognized at the 2024 Mayor’s Health & Fitness Awards Ceremony.
Mayor’s Workplace Awards
The Mayor’s Healthiest Workplaces Awards recognize Austin/Travis County’s top employers that have fostered a work environment that encourages health and wellness. Any organization (for-profit, non-profit, school district, government organization, etc.) within Austin or Travis County is eligible to apply.
To compete for the Mayor’s Healthiest Workplaces Awards, organizations must first be Mayor’s Health and Fitness Council Certified (Bronze, Silver, or Gold certification levels qualify) or have been partner certified within the previous two years. There is no fee to participate in the program.
The Moving the Needle Award honors workplaces that have implemented and supported an outstanding employee health initiatives aligned with the MHFC Pillars of Wellness:
- Tobacco-Free Living
- Physical Activity
- Health Education/Preventive Services.
Additional award categories, such as Emotional/Mental Well-being, Innovation, Community Engagement, Social Connectedness, Champion Network may be determined annually by the ABGOH Review and Steering Committee based on applications.
Mayor’s Healthiest Schools Awards
As an extension of the Mayor’s Health and Fitness Council Exemplary Schools Program, the Mayor’s Healthiest School Awards highlight schools that have implemented healthy changes to create school environments that support the health and well-being of students.
No preference is given to school size, location, public/private sector, school district, etc. Winners are determined using a point system based off responses to the online application (exemplary schools application + supplemental questions). Awards are given at the elementary and middle school levels.
Congratulations to the 2022 Mayor's Healthiest Workplace Award Winners!
Congratulations to the 2022 Moving the Needle Award Winners!
Thank you to Texas Mutual Insurance Company for making this year’s awards possible!