Austin Business Group on Health
Connecting local organizations to health and well-being in the workplace
What We Do:
The Austin Business Group on Health, an initiative of the Mayor’s Health and Fitness Council, is a community-driven organization dedicated to promoting health and well-being in the workplace while fostering collaboration and innovation among businesses in the Austin area. We provide educational and networking opportunities for Austin area employers who want to support the health and well-being of their employees. ABGOH is an open group that meets four times annually.
Who We Are:
Our members are passionate about their field of health and wellness. They come from a wide range of industries such as healthcare, technology, education, government, hospitality, manufacturing, and non-profit organizations. Members hold an array of positions including top administrators and managers, HR specialists, wellness professionals and those who have been tapped to lead this effort in their organization.
The Benefits of ABGOH:
- Networking Opportunities: ABGOH provides you and other like-minded individuals from various industries to connect, exchange ideas, and build relationships to help build a strong program for their organization.
- Learning and Development: As a member, you’ll have access to educational meetings that focus on the latest trends and best practices in workplace health and wellness. Staying up to date with the latest research and strategies can help with your employee well-being initiatives.
- Recognition and Certification Program: The Mayors Health and Fitness Council recognizes Austin area organizations who focus on the health and wellbeing of their employees. Learn more about how your organization can earn a Workplace Partner Certification.
Employee Well-Being Programs Are Essential for Business
A U.S. Department of Labor and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services report found that 80% of US businesses with more than 50 employees offer employee wellbeing programs.
Employee wellbeing programs may help organizations:
- Attract top talent
- Retain high performing employees
- Boost employee morale
- Improve job satisfaction
- Increase employee engagement
- Improve productivity
- And more!
Become part of this community-driven organization dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of employees in the Austin business area.
2024 ABGOH Meeting Dates –
- February 23, 2024 (hybrid)
- May 3, 2024 (hybrid)
- August 2, 2024 (hybrid)
- November 1, 2024 (hybrid)